Key facts and figures
In electricity and heat, Vattenfall works in all parts of the value chain: generation, distribution and sales. In gas, Vattenfall is active in sales. We also conduct energy trading.
Net sales amounted to SEK 171,684 million in 2013. The Group has approximately 32,000 employees. The parent company, Vattenfall AB, is 100 per cent owned by the Swedish state.
In 2013, operations were conducted in the Nordic countries*, Germany, the Netherlands, France and the UK.
Vattenfall produces electricity and heat from six energy sources – wind power, nuclear power, natural gas, biomass, coal power and hydro power.
Facts and figures 2013
- Net sales: SEK 171.7 billion
- Operating profit: SEK -6.5 billion
- Underlying operating profit: SEK 27.9 billion
- Electricity generation: 181.7 TWh
- Sales of electricity: 203.3 TWh
- Sales of heat: 30.2 TWh
- Sales of gas: 55.8 TWh
- Total number of employees, as of 31 December 2013: 31,819
* Sweden, Norway, Finland and Denmark.