Vattenfall is one of Europe's largest generators of electricity and largest producer of heat. Vattenfall's main products are electricity, heat and gas. In electricity and heat, Vattenfall works in all parts of the value chain: generation, distribution and sales. In gas, Vattenfall is active in sales. Vattenfall also conducts energy trading and lignite mining.
The Group has approximately 32,794 employees. The Parent Company, Vattenfall AB, is 100%-owned by the Swedish state. The main markets are Nordics*, Germany and the Netherlands. In 2012 operations were also conducted in Belgium, Poland, France and the UK.
Important facts and figures 2012
- Net sales: SEK 167.3 billion
- Operating profit (EBIT): SEK 26.2 billion
- Underlying operating profit: SEK 27.7 billion
- Electricity generation: 178.9 TWh
- Sales of electricity: 202.3 TWh
- Sales of heat: 30.3 TWh
- Sales of gas: 52.4 TWh
- Number of employees (full-time equivalents, FTE), as of 31 December: 32,794
* Sweden, Norway, Finland and Denmark.